Position Job Vacancies Senior/Assistant Technical Director, Accounting Standards Setting Unit In Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority
JOB VACANCY DESCRIPTION
What the role is
We are looking for candidates with an aspiration of shaping developments in accounting standards
setting to join the Accounting Standards Setting Unit as a Senior/Assistant Technical Director.
What you will be working on
As a key position in the Accounting Standards Setting Unit, the role provides technical accounting specialist support to ACSU and contributes to the overall achievement. Key responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Providing technical analysis in accounting standards setting
• Provide technical accounting support to ACSU and assist ACSU to discharge its duties under the Accounting Standards Act.
• Manage technical accounting projects, for example, obtain stakeholder feedback, perform research and analysis, and develop comments on consultation documents issued by IASB and recommendations on the adoption of IFRS Standards by ACSU.
• Monitor emerging issues in accounting standards, support ACSU in formulating a Singapore position, and engage, or contribute to the engagement of, IASB staff on the Singapore position.
• Organise, provide technical accounting input to, and participate in, focus group discussions and stakeholder outreaches of ACSU.
• Develop public communications and manage coordination with external parties where appropriate.
Supporting ACSU engagement processes with international and regional bodies
• Provide strategic and technical accounting support to ACSU representatives on, for example, the committees of regional accounting standards setting bodies.
• Provide strategic and technical accounting support to ACSU delegation in meetings with IASB, regional and national accounting standards setting bodies, and other accountancy bodies.
Providing accounting standards support to the Accounting Group
• Providing internal consultations on accounting standards to the Accounting Group.
• Training the Accounting Group on new/amended accounting standards.
What we are looking for
• Relevant professional qualifications in Accountancy.
• Approximately 8–12 years of working experience, inclusive of managerial role in the application, interpretation, and analysis of accounting standards.
• Able to provide insightful analysis on technical accounting matters.
• Able to manage and guide technical professionals within the organisation (for the Senior Technical Staff position).
• Able to support and/or participate in ACSU engagement with various stakeholder groups in the financial reporting and accounting standards setting community.
• Good technical accounting knowledge and writing skills are essential.
Additional Job Vacancies Information
Job Level : Senior Manager
Qualification : Accounting/Finance, General/Cost Accounting
Work experience : 8 years
Type of work : Full-Time
Job Specialization : Accounting/Finance, General/Cost Accounting / 501, 131
Employer company information, Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority
About Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority
At ACRA, we make Singapore a trusted and best place for business. Our people are proactive self-starters, empowered to create value and grow their careers in an environment that fosters trust and respect. Join us to make a difference! We now have the following exciting career opportunity available. You may also visit our career page at https://www.acra.gov.sg/careers to find out more about other career opportunities.
Additional Company Information Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority
Company Size : 51 – 200 Employees
Application Processing Time :
Industry : Accounting / Audit / Tax Services
Benefits and Others : –, –, –
Location : Singapore